Monday 30 September 2013

LFW : Fashion International : Yuvna Kim

During LFW I was kindly invited by Dee Vesali PR to attend the Fashion International show at The Charing Cross hotel. I meant to post this earlier - but I was interning at the time and have only just caught up with myself. The fashion international show was my first taste of a catwalk esque event and I have to say I ADORED the event. The location was beautiful and the collections showcased were beautiful.

Yuvna Kim's collection was by far mine and my friend Jess's favourite. Yuvna is a Mauritian-born London-based women’s wear designer and her collections draw inspiration from cultural heritage and tradition, fused with cross-cultural references from across the Indian Ocean.
For SS14, Kim presents BIJOUX, a line of exquisite nude and ivory eveningwear, which nods to 1920s French deco jewellery. Georgette gowns are intricately embroidered with crystals, beads and pearls, and frothy tulle skirts and embellished with delicate feathers. As you can see the results were STUNNING. I'm not sure where I'd wear a beautiful dress like the ones showcased but they literally took the audiences breath away...


What do you think of Yuvna Kim? 
I'm gonna post the other designers in the week :)

FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | YOUTUBE | LOOK BOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST

No comments :

Post a Comment