Wednesday 22 July 2015

Charlotte Tilbury : 'Pillow talk' reshape and resize lip liner review










Charlotte Tilbury 'Pillow talk' lipliner - £16

I'm currently away in Manchester for work - yes, I have bagged myself a new job - again - I'm now the visual manager for Topshop Topman in a store in Kent, and I'm currently up here for training and having a ball! 
The Intu Trafford centre has just installed two beautiful Charlotte Tilbury stands and whilst I've always gazed at her products from afar its been a long while coming for me to actually purchase something. I think the initial allure for me was the beautiful packaging of all CT products. Everything is so luxe and beautiful - no, you should not judge a book by its cover but when products look this good I just can't help it! I took to twitter last night to ask for CT reviews and the 'pillow talk' lip liner was a firm favourite. The liner boasts to re shape ad resize you're lips and with the current Kardashian inspired, fuller than full pout I was drawn in by this claim, I'm also a massive fan of an everyday nude lip product and 'pillow talk' ticks that box for me also. I wear mac's velvet teddy avidly and I was worried this would be more of a duplicate for that - but it isn't!
Application wise I was immediately surprised with this product, expecting a smudged bleeding lip line, I applied the pencil just outside of my lips to see if I really could increase my pout! I was shocked to see how well this product went on, no smudging, no bleeding and a comfortable consistency. The only problem I had was filling my lips with the liner, I hadn't put a primer on and my pencil end snapped on first use - eek! - but this product is matte and stiff on the lips allowing you to really fill you're lip shape out. For the first couple of seconds my lips did fill tacky but within minutes the product dried down and became a very comfortable wearer.

I think I may have just started a love affair with Charlotte Tilbury! 
Which of her products have you tried?


FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | YOUTUBE | LOOK BOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST

No comments :

Post a Comment